Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Mold and the Beautiful

I went to the management office today to drop off my rent check (yeah, I know, I should have demanded a reduction for the hassle) and mentioned something to the lady (whatever the hell her job was) about my bathroom.

What I said (roughly): It's black mold...and you sprayed it with bleach water...bleach water doesn't kill black mold...and just because it's dry, doesn't mean it's dead, it's dormant and now it's airborne.

What she heard: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I may as well have talked to their coffee pot.

Later, some sweaty guy showed up with a can of Kilz and sprayed the piss out of the wood...so much that I am now seeing little dancing leprechauns. So is the dog.

On a side note, crabby home lender lady called and said that after reviewing my file, they are confident they can give me a home loan after all (without extra credit cards). I also ran an application online to one of those loan search engines (Lending Tree), and immediately 100 people called the house.

So, there is hope yet.

No comments: