Monday, September 19, 2005

A House in Upheaval

My stepdad came home yesterday from the south. His reports of the devastation there are amazing, and the cleanup efforts (which he was part of) are of monumental proportions. It's not gas prices that are grossly inflated...he had to pay someone $45 to do a small load of laundry. Someone needs to investigate those people.

So, now my apartment is now void of the extra furry little critters that arrived with my mother. They have gone down to the cabin to stay with my stepdad.

Today is laundry day. I decided to catch up on my current events before getting started. I just read that N.O. Mayor Nagin has prematurely started allowing residents to re-enter the city in his rush to get the city to flourish once more. That's a brillant decision considering there are no hospitals in operation in the city. Way to go, Mental Giant. Now, when your residents get sick, they have no where to go. Nagin wins the first ever dumbass award. In fact, the award should be named after him. The Ray Nagin Dumbass Award.

No comments: