Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm home all alone. Mom is at work, making her daily bread. The apartment is quiet, except for the occasion noises from Sam and whatever he has found to chew on. I have to work tonight. My bosshole jacked up the schedule and put me in for 4-hour shifts this week instead of 12 hour shifts. I did make mention of it to my unit educator, but I don't know if it was corrected. I guess I will find out when I go in tonight. I'm either working til 11pm, or go to 7 am. No matter what, I will probably end up staying for the full shift. I get bored at home with nothing to do but nap and pick up doggy-slobber-covered debris.

Last night, I had a dream...and weird it was. I was in some large city (I want to say it was Chicago...which is odd because the only time I've been there was when I had a layover at the airport). Anyway, there was rumor of some terrorist sleeper cell activity, and the military came in to "flush 'em out". They blew up this chunk of land to find a ginormous training facility underground, which housed literally thousands of terrorists. They immediately jumped out of the ground and started shooting everyone. Pandamonium ensued.

I need to lay off the CNN.

On another odd note, a longtime friend of mine propositioned me last week. "Fun with no strings" he said. Then, he would take me out for a burrito at Q'doba afterward because he had a coupon. Ugh! I don't even like Q'doba...but I do like strings...so I said no on both counts. What a turd.

Kant is still sick, and I am going to take her to see another doctor. No one knows why she is sick, so I'm guessing they are just going to start ruling stuff out until they find the culprit. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

No comments: