Saturday, November 08, 2008

Concerts and Culture

I'm considering getting tickets to go see Lion King. Problem is, I can't find anyone else that's interested in seeing it. Would just a little culture be that painful?

I want to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra this season. I'm pretty much the only person in Kansas City who hasn't gone.

I'm also considering buying tickets to see AC/DC. However, the cost of the tickets give me pause. Metallica wasn't that expensive AND I got the album with the ticket. Plus, I don't know anyone who wants to go see them.

But Willie Nelson is coming to town later this month...and I REALLY like him. Almost as much as I like Elvis.

I'd rather eat a dirt sandwich than go see New Kids on the Block. I hated them back when they were actually kids, and my feelings have not changed. The girls who used to wait at the bus stop with me would squeal and jump as they talked about how cute they were. They also dissected each new episode of 90210. I wanted to punch them in the throat.

Decisions, decisions!

4 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

Of all the events you listed, I would recommend Willie Nelson above all the others. I've seen him live many times. You can't go wrong with Willie.

MoxieMamaKC said...

Willie would rock! I've seen TSO and I wasn't expecting to like it but it was truly, truly incredible. I would highly recommend it. My hubby saw Lion King on Broadway and said it was really really awesome, so even if you can't find anyone to go with you, go anyway!

Donna. W said...

Well, the problem with Lion King is, I'd feel as though I had to buy some decent new clothes to attend that.

But Willie? I could wear my jeans, T-shirt and sneakers and fit right in. I'm sure that's true of AC/DC too, but I think my eardrums would get sore before the concert was over.

When my kids were in high school, AC/DC was a big deal. I think I almost know the words to "You shook me...." just because I heard it so much.

Nuke said...

I love TSO, but it isn't a concert I would probably go to. I hear Willy is always a crowd pleaser.

As for Lion King... I am not a big play/musical enthusiast.

But AC/DC? I think that is gonna kick @$$! As for somebody to go with, The D is trying to get (free/gift) tickets.