Friday, June 24, 2005

Why its good to be an American

Oh joy. The Supreme Court has ruled that cities can legally take your house and replace it with a Krispy Kreme Donut shop if they want in the name of economic development. Boy, that sure makes me want to go out and buy a house. Just my luck, I would have the walls freshly painted when KC would come calling, saying my little piece of the American pie would be a perfect spot for a Big O Tire. I'd almost bet money that our Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves. Sometimes, I look at today's politicians and wonder if they are in it because they truly want to serve the people who elected them...or if they are just in it for the power and whatever perks come with being a politician.

I'm going to DC in August, and I am very excited about it. The top items on my to-see list are
1. The Holocaust Museum
2. Arlington Cemetary
3. The Vietnam War Memorial
4. American History parts of the Smithsonian...plus whatever big jewels they have on display (what can I say, I am female)
5. Historical documents...Magna Carta, Declaration of Independence, etc.etc

I looked online for a possible visit to the White House. You have to reserve in groups of 10 or more, and 6 months in advance, and you have to go through a member of Congress (in addition to signing away your First Born son). So, it looks like I won't get to see the White House in my lifetime. I don't even think I know 10 people who want to visit the White House. I'm the biggest nerd I know.

In other news, Man-Ass is IN!! You know how these little young girls wear their jeans way low and you can see the buttcrack of dawn (and sometimes more)?? Well, it would appear the men don't want to be left out, so the new trend is wearing low-rise jeans so they can show off a little butt cleavage...but I am sure you won't notice if they happen to have a hairy butt. Plumbers have been wearing this trend for centuries, and only now it's hot fashion??

No comments: