Monday, June 27, 2005

The winds of change...

Another night at work, and it would appear that I might actually have a good night for a change. I've been giving much thought into the matter, and I am considering making a switch to dayshift to better accomodate a full time school schedule. I've been giving a lot of thought about that too. This fall, I plan on starting up with some pre-requisites needed for the BSN completion program. So, I'm putting feelers out for an open day-weekend option position. Most of the day people I have talked to are very supportive of it. I've not talked much about it to my night-shift coworkers. I've worked nights since I graduated high school. I'm not a morning person, but you do what you have to do to get where you need to go. I'm not really happy in my current position, so maybe a change of schedule would do me good. Granted, the respiratory therapists on days are no where near as cute and fun to flirt with, is it a sacrifice I am willing to make for the greater good of my nursing practice.

No comments: