Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Half Ton!?!?

After a relatively relaxing and enjoyable weekend at the lake, I had to come to work tonight...and it sucked from the word "go". I got the worst team ever. I have 4 people, with a combined weight of 623.7 kg. Or, in case you are not metric system savvy, that's roughly 1372 lbs. I think that is less than what a Ford Pinto weighs.

And to think I was going to be an English teacher before this whole nursing thing happened. I was going to broaden young minds with the words of Shakespeare while writing the Great American Novel in my free time. Now, I put my hands where no normal person would put them. The golden moments of my job, the ones that make me go "I'm so glad I am a nurse" are very few and far between.

To make things even better, the Newbie Residents have now invaded the hospitals. This time last year, I didn't know enough to know that they didn't know anything either. Now, I know...and now it is very, very scary. If you really must get sick, July is not the time to do so. Neither is August. I think you could get sick in the fall and be relatively safe.

1 comment:

K2 said...

I agree about the not getting sick in July or August if you go to a teaching hospital. Too dangerous to subject yourself to newly trained (or perhaps untrained) residents and medical students.

The Lake was fun. We'll have to do it again sometime.