Friday, July 08, 2005

In Today's News...

Our gov, Matt Blunt, has now banned Medicaid from paying for erectile dysfunction meds for their recipients. Ofcourse those individuals with pulmonary issues will still be able to get it, but not for those who need that little extra boost in the bedroom. As a taxpayer, I can appreciate this decision by our well-coiffed governator. Why should my taxes go to fund someone else's sex life...especially when mine is a virtual drought?

To counter this decision (as someone out there always has to have the dissenting opinion), an activist for Medicaid folks complained that without the ED meds, some people would be severely hindered in their quest to procreate...thereby being in conflict with Blunt's Southern Baptist social platform of Pro-life.

Methinks that if you are on Medicaid, and cannot afford ED meds on your own...you probably should not be having kids oweing to the fact that you probably cannot afford them either.

But that is just my opinion.

Right now, I am at work, having a rare decent evening. I'm dining on fruit salad and goldfish (nurses have the very best nutrition habits). After tonight, I am going to be off for a whole week to attend my family reunion. A whole week of scheduled family chaos: golf tournament, boating, Hawaiian-themed party, campfires, cliff jumping, and maybe this year, my cousin will go water skiing in a patriotic thong...again. Even though this family is not my blood relation (they are all from my stepdad's side), they are family to me, and I enjoy spending time with them. I only wish I had computer access so I could blog the week. I will just have to remember the high points and blog them upon my return.

So, this is me signing off for the week. While you guys are working, I'll be basking in the Southern Missouri sun. Bwah!

No comments: