Got up this morning to watch the inauguration. The vet called me before my alarm went off to tell me that Lil Roo didn't make it through the night. As sad as this makes me, she was a sick little girl, and is better off. I'll probably blog more on it later.
That being said, I went downstairs and watched the great, big, historic event to end all historic events. I found it endearing that Obama, clearly nervous, flubbed his lines on the oath. Other random thoughts in my head...
- Obama talks with his hands a lot, usually using the same gesture. It kind of annoys me.
- Yo Yo Ma is a God and we should all worship his cello.
- Aretha Franklin still sounds good...but what was with that hat???
- Not impressed with the "poet". I started to drool on myself halfway through her poem. Too bad Shel Silverstein is dead. He would have been much more entertaining.
- Inauguration Over, I think I'm ready for a nap.
POST-NAP INAUGGIE THOUGHTS
- Michelle's dress was bad. Hopefully, her gown will make up for it. If not, she needs to fire her stylist and get a new one.
- I knew I should have put Ted Kennedy on my 2009 list.
- I still can't get over Aretha Franklin's hat!!!
- Obama didn't flub up the oath, the judge did and Obama caught it. Which makes you wonder if Obama practiced the oath at home to the point of memorization.
- CNN really needs to tone things down a notch or two.