Friday, July 02, 2010

Holiday Weekend Blather

So I return to work tonight, the pain still bothers me intermittently, but not enough that warrants calling in. I called in all of last weekend, and I am sure I will be written up for it. Not to mention I loathe using up all my vacation time for something stupid. So, I return to work, armed with prescription strength Naproxyn, and hope for the best.

I don't really have big plans for the holiday weekend, other than working. I'm off the night of the 4th, I had big plans in mind when I scheduled myself off. I was going to have a fabulous cookout, there would be a fireworks display somewhere we would all travel to, and most importantly, this was the weekend I was going to introduce Oz to my family. I was pretty excited. Funny how life takes an immediate left turn when you are not planning for it.

I really don't have the motivation to do anything this weekend, but go to work and do my job. Work is a nice distraction. I did manage to steam clean the area rug in the living room. That was something. I know I need to get out more, but the idea just doesn't appeal to me right now. Who knows, maybe by Sunday, I will grill a hot dog or something.

No comments: