Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Election Day: The Aftermath

Today. The day after the big election. In a result that probably stunned everyone, Jackson county voters were split on their big decision.They voted yes to the renovations and no to the rolling roof. I think they voted yes to the first initiative because they were being told that they were really voting whether to keep the teams in KC. A scare tactic, and they bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Idiots. It was a game of chicken and you guys bailed before your car shifted out of first.

But hey, I don't live in Jackson county, so I don't have to pay for it. Crappy attitude to have, I guess...but they asked for it, and it's not like they didn't get a warning.

As for the rolling roof, I suspect it will pass eventually. That tax initiative will be put on the ballots until voters get sick and tired of hearing about it, they will just pass it to make it go away.

It will be the nagging girlfriend you give an engagement ring to just to shut her up.

With all the money the sports teams make, is a damn shame they don't want to chip in for the rolling roof.

Think about that the next time you pay $30 just to park there.

1 comment:

Jared said...

I guess it's a good thing I don't live in Jackson County any more.