Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Beginnings of a Not-Good Weekend

Okay, so the fact that it is a weekend, and that I have to go to work, is a strong indicator that it's not going to be a good weekend. Staffing is horrible, morale is at an all time low. Nurses are leaving in droves: to other places, to other adventures. The Bosshole, in all the infinite wisdom, didn't forsee the shortage and hire more help. Now, we are at time of the year where no help is to be hired. New Grads are nestling into their new jobs and have yet to reach the point where they are ready to fly the coop because nursing isn't all hearts and flowers. More seasoned nurses are not leaving because they secretly think the New Grads are after their jobs.

Well, I don't really know about that last part. I mean, any New Grad is more than welcome to my job...but I don't know why they would want it.

At this point, I don't know where I could work at that will make me happy. So, I will just stay on my floor and be miserable...and bitch about it a lot. My only consolation is that I am not alone in my sentiments.

Thursday was a good day. I went out on another "outing" and got to see Superman Returns (great movie!). I got homemade cookies that I didn't have to make myself (they were awesome!), and I got to be privvy to a secret that no one else in the world knows about. (Don't ask, because I'm not talking!) But I do still giggle about it...

Friday, I slept in...or tried to. My computer is on the blink and I fear I am going to have to take it in and pay a nerd to look at it. The CPU usage shot up to 100% (not normal for my computer), I can't get anything to open because it seems every program is runnning (and I can't get it to stop). I ran a full virus scan and turned up nothing. I'm very sad that my computer now sucks, and I fear I'm going to have to shell out a buttload of money for either costly upgrades, or a whole new tower.

My alarm clock went off this afternoon, and I hit the snooze button with such force, it obliterated it. So, in the morning, I have to go to Wally-World and pick up another alarm clock I can try to destroy.

How much longer until I go on vacation?? I need a break.

No comments: