Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Waiting Until Swim Time...

I saw this on a couple other blogs, and thought I would do it. Maybe it can pass the time before I head to the gym for laps in the pool...followed by a good soak in the hot tub.

Here it goes...

Four jobs I've had:
1. Worked at Pony Express Lake at the small short-order grill/bait shop. I sold fishing licenses, ran the grill, rented boats, and listened to the old men talk about the big one that got away. Meanwhile, my perverted boss (who was married) was banging one of the waitresses in his RV parked outside. My first job ever!
2. Nursing Assistant/Med Tech at nursing home. Those old folks are a riot. Met the guy I was engaged to there. He was a real wiener.
3. Pizza cook for Caseys. Yes, I know how to toss pizza dough in the air. The manager was my cousin's then-husband. Before they both decided they were gay.
4. Registered Nurse

Four places I have lived:
1. Born: Denver, Colorado. Lived there until I was about 6 years old. That was before the Californians came and ruined the entire state.
2. Nebraska. The only thing to do there is either get drunk and screw in a cornfield, or watch the Huskers. Some people did both. I did neither.
3. Cameron, Missouri. The little town that one day hopes to be a big town.
4. Kansas City. By far the longest I have ever lived in one place. Now that I am a homeowner, I anticipate staying for a little longer.

Four Places I've been on vacation:
1. Aunt's House in Kansas. Growing up, we were too poor to afford a proper vacation, so this was as close as it got. Highlight: emptying and scrubbing out big horse tank so we could use it as a swimming pool.
2. Florida. I went here with my boyfriend, only we had broken up shortly before. I had too much money vested to cancel, so I went and tried to make the best of it. A week of hell, I should have just stayed home. Epcot sucked. The memory still makes me want to vomit.
3. Cruises: Three total. I've visited Roatan, Belize (x2), Costa Maya (had adventure with Mom drunk off tequila), Grand Cayman (x2), Cozumel (x2), St. Thomas, Puerto Rico (The Armpit of U.S. Territories), Tortola, and Antigua. Cruises are very romantic, but the closest I've been to getting lucky on any of these trips was getting my ass groped by an old man in the onboard gift shop.
4. Atlanta, the first time. I went with Kant when she moved down there. It was fun. The second time was for work, and not as much a vacation as I would have liked, so I'm not counting it. At least I got boiled peanuts the first time around.

Four of my favorite foods:
1. The surf and turf meal at the Japanese Steakhouse.
2. Breakfast. My favorite meal, sometimes I have it for dinner.
3. Whatever I make on the grill. It's damn good, I must confess.
4. Warm chocolate melting cake.

Four places I would rather be:
1. The island of Roatan, napping in a hammock overlooking the ocean.
2. Sitting around a campfire with friends, right after a long canoe float.
3. Deck party with a bunch of my cruising friends.
4. Cafe Trio with my work friends.

I'm not going to tag anyone specific. So, I expect everyone else to do this.

2 comments:

Joe said...

You and me both. I love breakfast and would rather eat that than dinner anytime. Though I've been known to have pizza for breakfast so go figure.

Xavier Onassis said...

In a Perfect World, bacon would be a healthy compliment to any meal at any time of day.