Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday's Feast: Low Calorie Edition

Appetizer
Lets start with a trio sampler of word association… I say,
Tear :: Rip
Hawk :: feathers
Alien :: green

Soup
If you had to pick a body of water that you have visited in your life to build a house next to, which one would it be… describe the scenery.
My first cruise, we stopped at a little island called Roatan. Certainly not the most desired island in all the Caribbean, but I fell in love right away. People were poor, but very friendly. Colors seemed more vibrant. The salty air caressed your skin like an old lover. We visited a woman there, a former nurse from the States and now ran her own dayspa. Kant and I had massages, and while she was getting hers, I had a light lunch of fresh tropical fruit, then took a nap in a hammock on the porch, overlooking the ocean. As the wind swayed my hammock, I fell asleep to the sound of the waves, the birds revealed to me that this was how island life truly felt.


Salad
Everyone is being green now-a-days, what is your favorite green initiative?
I don't really have a favorite. I don't do a lot of green stuff. I know, I'm going to hell.

Main Course
Mexican is one of my favorite foods, share the name of your favorite Mexican dish with all of us (and where to find it) … even if it is just a Taco Bell chalupa?
I'm partial to the Chimichanga at Salty Iguana.

Dessert
What was the color of your first bicycle, or the oldest toy that you remember and what fruit do you associate with that color?
My first bicycle...I got it Christmas of 1980. Denver got bitch-slapped with a huge blizzard that left the entire city at a standstill. Because Santa got stuck in a snowdrift, he left bikes for me and my brothers at my great-grandmother's house. Mine was light blue. It had a banana seat that was also light blue and had clouds on it. Do they even make bikes with banana seats now??

1 comment:

Mark Smith said...

I think they still make banana seats. The surprizing thing is the crazy money those old 20 inch sting ray bikes go for now.