Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday Blather

Today, I had to go have an MRI on my knee. I've had an MRI before, so I knew what to expect. Fortunately, I'm not one of those people who are claustrophobic.

I sat in that little tube for an hour, with only my head poking out. MRI's have gotten a lot more quiet, but they are still loud. I asked for ear plugs, and at some point, I dozed off.

Afterwards, I went and had dinner with Red, who has returned to KC from her Arizona adventures, only to decide to return this weekend. To be fair, she only came back to see if things between her and her boyfriend would work out. It only took 3 days. Most couples I know drag it out for months before they throw in the towel.

So, Red is leaving, and I am sad. My work buddy gone, and I won't be getting that sweet referral bonus they give for recruiting nurses. Looks like I'll have to find another sucker, I mean, nurse.

While we were in the restaurant, news stations are going apeshit about the storm. Looking out the window, we only see that green cast that comes before a house is deposited on some unsuspecting witch. As we were leaving the restaurant to our respective cars, the sirens started blaring. I hauled ass out of there.

I made it home without incident, but making sure I hit every single red light from Fairway to Raytown.

And now the sirens are going off here. Shit. I'll be back later.

1 comment:

Spyder said...

I was in our tornado shelter when I read this post. Hours later I'm back