Friday, December 12, 2008

Fah-rah-rah-rah-rah, A Christmas Meme

In the nature of the giving/receiving season, I thought I would try to get out of Grinch Mode and do this meme.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
If I have the time, I will wrap. I'm pretty handy at wrapping, unless the gift is odd-shaped. If I'm in a hurry, or the gift is odd-shaped, into the bag it goes.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I like both. I'd prefer to have a real tree each year, but it always ends up dying before Christmas in spite of my almost heroic efforts to keep it alive. I like the smell of a real tree, but hate the needles. Artificial only if it is pre-lit.

3. When do you put up the tree?
When I'm in the mood, but not usually before Thanksgiving. Usually, I'm not in the mood, and I don't put up a Christmas tree.

4. When do you take the tree down?
When I get around to it or it becomes a fire hazard. Or sometime in March. Another good reason to not put up a tree in the first place.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, but only in small amounts, just plain without any adult additives.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A red bike so I could ride to school instead of walk.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mother. She always says "nothing" when we ask, leaving us to try to figure out what to give her.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Me. When I want something, I buy it. In terms of others, buying gifts for Toys 4 Tots is pretty easy.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, unless I make one out of the numerous snowman figures I have packed away somewhere.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Neither. I always say I'm going to mail out Christmas cards, but I never do.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Something given to me by an aunt on my dad's side of the family. I don't remember what it was, but I remember that I didn't like it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story. My life's dream is own a leg lamp.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Christmas Eve

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I plead the 5th.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Honeybaked Ham

16. Lights on the tree?
Sure...

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Come Emmanuel...and only if sung by men's choir.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
If I'm not working, usually stay home. If I have to travel, it's usually no more than 50 miles away.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Pole Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dumbass, Blitzed and Clyde

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
My family's old tradition was one gift Christmas Eve (and it was usually new pajamas), the rest on Christmas morning. If I have kids and stuff, I'll resurrect that tradition.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
How retailers cram it down our throats in September.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like my Hallmark ornaments, but Christmas lights are my most absolute favorite.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
See question 15

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A leg lamp and a festivus pole.

1 comment:

Nuke said...

Hallmark ornaments huh? Well you are in luck cuz they have the freakin LEG LAMP ornament this year. I am putting up my tree just so I can hang this major award!