Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pondering...

I have DSL through AT&T. With that, comes all the perks of having a supercharged Yahoo account, which includes Flickr.

At least until January.

I got the dreaded email so many other AT&T users got...the salad eating days of the Flickr account users will be coming to an end, and we will all be demoted back to the crappy standard free service, unless of course, we want to pay a yearly subscription fee to maintain what we have enjoyed up until now.

I'm conflicted.

I like Flickr. I have a lot of pictures on Flickr. My files are rather large, so Flickr takes every last bit of my large files, likes it, and doesn't utter one complaint. Because if it did, there would be hell to pay.

I'm talking about picture hosting. Focus, people!

Anyway, I think I may want to pay for the "upgrade", but on sheer principle, the asshole in me wants to give them the universal one-fingered-salute and tell them to take their service and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

In the end, I will probably end up paying for an account. Unless someone can direct me to free hosting that is equally awesome as Flickr Pro.

5 comments:

"The D" said...

I am in the exact situation. Some have refered me to photobucket.com but Im not sure if that is free or not.

But that is one site Im going to look into once I have some free time. Which at this rate will be 2010.

Ang said...

They always suck ya in, get you addicted, then want money don't they???!!!!

Christy said...

I've never had the super-duper AT&T/Yahoo! lovefest, but I must say that Flickr Pro is worth the money. I went for six months without it and had to cave, after missing the sheer awesomeness of the service.

Mark Smith said...

I use the free version, because Im cheap/broke. I like it fine for what I use it for which is my blog, but the 200 pic limit is a draw back. Ive tried photo bucket, thought it sucked it,comapared to flickr.

Faith said...

We have an external drive for our computer that we keep all music and photos on. So I can't help ya.

I would highly recommend it, though. Is there a reason why you store all your photos online? I'd rather keep mine in my F-drive, fo sho. Keeps shit like this from happening, at the very least...