Monday, January 16, 2006

Second Ever Ray Nagin Dumbass Award

A while back I thought of the Ray Nagin Dumbass Award...specifically for people in the public eye who were, well, dumb. I never thought the first award I would give in his honor, would be to him.

Ray Nagin, you are still a dumbass.

Today is Martin Luther the King Day. Various businesses are closed, some are not. Some kids have no school, some do. I think it is all a matter of preference. If you prefer to have the day off to "observe" this day, I don't think anyone would kick up a fuss about it because it is politically incorrect to do so today. I think I got holiday pay for working, but I'm not sure, and even more so...I don't care. MLK was a great man, but I don't think he is honored in a way he should be. Maybe the best way to honor him is to remember him, what he did, and realize that he made a valuable contribution.

Out of everyone who has or took the day off, how many of them stopped to ponder the man's life, it's meaning, and how he made his mark on the world. No, I think it would be safe to say that majority who have this day off, just value it as a day they don't have to go to work or school.

Just like President's Day. Or Veteran's Day. Or Labor Day.

At any rate, on MLK, a lot of people invoke the name. Ray Nagin is no exception. I figured he would use the day to grandstand for the toilet bowl that is now New Orleans, and I wasn't disappointed. Ray Nagin, because not only is he a smart man, he is also a spiritually enlightened man who apparently received revalation that God wants the new New Orleans to be a predominantly black city.

So, all you non-African-American NOLA-ites...you should start looking for another place to live because God expects you to. If you don't move...He will surely smite you down, or turn you into a pot of gumbo or something.

Ray Nagin, you are still a dumbass. I initially thought it was just a fluke thing, now I see it is a permanent condition, and there is really no hope for you. I think it is crappy to say something like that, and somehow tie it in to the most recognized Civil Rights leader.

So here's to you...the proud recipient of your own damn award...because right now I still can't think of someone who deserves it more than you.

1 comment:

K2 said...

Today he apologized..so I guess that makes everything all better....

NOT