Friday, November 24, 2006

Late Turkey Blather

I worked Wednesday night as a favor to one of the other nurses. She had family coming in for the holiday and was slated to do all the cooking. She didn't ask me to work for her, I just offered.

See...I can be a nice person!

That, and the idea of the extra holiday pay sure helps.

It was odd, going into work on a Wednesday. The night passed slowly with no significant events, which is normal for a holiday, even at a larger hospital.

In the morning, I went home, and did some turkey preparation. I bought the smallest turkey I could find (which was pretty small), prepared the stuffing (I got the bonus giblet bag with TWO hearts!), stuffed the turkey, put it in the oven on a low setting, then went to bed.

I wasn't going to have anyone over for dinner, and I didn't go to anybody's house for dinner. Instead, spending the day in the comfy confines of my bed. However, I couldn't bear the thought of no leftover turkey, no leftover stuffing. Besides, I consider it a sort of dress rehearsal for the time that I actually have to cook a big turkey for family members. I know lots of single people who have no experience with such an undertaking. It's safe to say I got the turkey-prep down to an art.

I debated getting up before the butt-crack of dawn to go shopping with the rest of the KC masses. I looked over the ads to see if there was anything I just couldn't live without. There wasn't. I didn't bother to set the alarm...I just slept in. It was glorious.

So, I am going to go toss some scrubs in the laundry, and take a nap. Another weekend comes upon me, and things will be back to normal in the halls of the hospital.

No comments: