Monday, June 30, 2008

Seriously??

I just read that the father of the Gardner teen that died in a fight is going to stand trial for threatening some people. This bothers me on so many levels.

The guy just lost his son for something that could have been avoided. Yeah, he may have not started the fight with the deliberate intention to kill the kid, but he did run away and not bother to call for help. Show me a parent who would have reacted differently, and I will show you an uncaring bastard. I don't have kids, and yet I know that if something like this were to happen to one of my family members, the gloves come off, and I'm going to rain a shit storm on the responsible party. That's how I roll.

Kline has clinched his title of Worlds Biggest Douche bag to allow this case to even go to trial. He needs to just drop it and let this family grieve privately, rather than pour salt on an already bleeding wound.

This almost qualifies for the Ray Nagin Dumbass Award*. Oh hell...Kline, I'm sure, has a mantle full of the little bastards anyway.

It's times like this that I'm grateful I don't live in Johnson County. Kline is an embarrassment, and I really feel bad for my counterparts across the state line.

(*The Ray Nagin Dumbass Award is an award given to those in the public eye who do or say stupid things that indicate their IQ is that of a sponge.)

UPDATE: An online petition is currently seeking signatures of those who also wish for this case to be dropped. Go to this page to sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you believe that the charges against Mr. DeRemus are unwarrented, please go to: http://www.gopetition.com/online/18850.html and sign my petition to the DA's office, asking for his release. Your support will be greatly appreciated!