Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Here at Casa de Blather, Spring Cleaning is in full swing.

Last Friday, I spent the day in the back yard trying to clean up last year's leaves, thousands of prickly balls from the sugar gum tree, and Hank's GINORMOUS cache of turds. I burned up the motor on my leaf blower due to over-use, causing the backyard to stink like an electrical fire for the rest of the afternoon. I raked for a short while, until Brother suggested I used Mr. Recommendation's leaf blower. So, I did, and now I've got two distinct piles of debris in the back yard: one pile with poop, and the other pile without poop.

Now, I just need to find someone to bag it. I wonder if that little neighbor boy is still looking for something to do this summer...

Brother moved out on Saturday, and is now settling in with Company in their own home, just blocks away.

Last night, I stayed up late and cleaned the hall bathroom, which Brother had been using as his own. Today, I took a vacuum cleaner to his old room, and I am shocked to say that the vacuum cleaner lived through the ordeal to speak of it. One little vacuum was not meant to suck up so much dog hair.

I suspect I will just convert Brother's old room back into a guest room. I've been contemplating taking on another roommate, but haven't reached any final decision on the matter. So, for right now, it's just:

Me...

Sam...

And George.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Is George new? What a darling expression. He looks almost as happy as Sam!

Faith said...

What about Hank???

GB, RN said...

Hank moved out with Brother.

Candice said...

You've got some damn cute furry friends!

I'm about to go and mulch the front yard flower beds.

sigh...

Here I go.. any minute now.