Saturday, October 11, 2008

Damn Those Curtains Anyway

Mom and I were discussing the economy's nose dive into the crapper. The only good thing we could think of coming out of it was that the price of gas was coming down. Finally.

Because I'm a sponge for current events, I was telling Mom about some of the things I had read about pertaining to the fact that some of the larger businesses were blanching about taking money from the bailout.

Mom: It's because they don't want to give up their golden curtains!!!

I frowned. I hadn't read about the wasteful spending of window dressings. Then it dawned on me.

Did you mean golden parachutes???

Mom giggled. Parachutes...curtains. Whatever works.

It reminded me of the time I tried to teach her some Japanese phrases she could whip out at Mr. Recommendation's company Christmas party (the owners of said company are Japanese), but gave up because I thought she was going to cause an international incident.

No comments: