Wednesday, July 09, 2008

From a Bomb to a Dud

So some of you were probably wondering about the nuclear explosion I referenced earlier. To make a long story short: it never happened.

Not because an irate outburst wasn't warranted, it was. I won't go into a lot of detail about what happened. I'll just say it had to do with a guy, and he pissed me off by lying about something really important, and surprisingly, it wasn't related to Indy.

But on a related note, in an indirect way that he is totally unaware of, Indy kept a bad situation from becoming worse.

In the end, after much anger, and sadness, hurt, and disgust...I decided to take the high road and let sleeping dogs lie. I've walked away from the situation. I've purged the offending party from my phone, from my email accounts, from my life. I feel okay with this decision.

Expressing rage won't change the situation. At the end of the day, this asshole is still a schmuck and I take comfort in knowing that someday, karma is going to rape him in the ass. Sans lube.

So, sorry if I got your hopes up. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Hugs ~

Melinda said...

There'll be other bombs.

Just don't implode. And don't ruminate!