Monday, July 21, 2008

A Perfect Ending to an Already Shitty Weekend

This weekend, not so great. Friday I get to ship a patient off to ICU where they up and die. Saturday I get to play with a crack head. That is never fun. I'd rather cut off my toe with dull scissors than do it.

So, it's no surprise that I get popped by the local po-po on my way home from work. 51 mph in a 35 mph zone. How dare they hide out in plain view at the bottom of a hill!!

Oops!

Officer Friendly, who is in the position to really cap off my weekend, has a heart and drops it down to 5mph over the limit, which reduces it to a non-moving violation. No points for Heather, and no ramifications on my driving record or insurance premiums. I'm going to chalk up my good fortune to the good old Nurse Card. In scrubs, wearing my name badge, smelling like an armpit.

I look pretty pathetic in the mornings when I get off work. Not to mention I have badass cleavage.

I'm not going to bitch too much. I could have had a fat ticket, and then grovel to Legal Beagle to fix it. I don't particularly care to grovel.

It's against my very nature.

7 comments:

Well Hell Michelle said...

Nice! I need a legal beagle to fix my ticket. Stupid speed traps :)

Tony said...

Sorry about the speed trap. They always get me but thankfully you've reminded your readers that they're out there in full force. Here's hoping it was a nice county that lets you (expensively) bargain it down.

bobbie said...

At least you weren't stoned on Ambien at the time!!!
;-)))

Suzy said...

I'm just going to start driving around wearing scrubs. And pour cat pee over myself so they'll think I was at work. I have a printer. One name badge coming up. Lamination here I come.

GB, RN said...

Suzy...hang a stethoscope on your rearview mirror. It adds to your credibility.

Heidi said...

Hi, here from Suzy's!
I always leave my badge and scope around my neck after work. I usually don't speed too much though. Don't want to go home, I mean,have to pay a ticket.
Have you tried Lunesta? I have been taking it for a while and I don't think I have done anything I don't remember...

Joe said...

my wife had gotten away with a warning when she was caught speeding wearing her ER scrubs and driving to the hospital in the middle of the night on call. I guess it works.
Me, my license is still blocked by the local sheriff's department as I was married to an employee. That's worked twice since the divorce.