Monday, February 19, 2007

Go Away World

I made it through another weekend at work. My first weekend since vacation. I was sick through the entire thing. It sucked. I'm confident that everyone I have in contact with this weekend will be sick by the end of the week.

Throat is still raw, white and streaky. My voice has left me. I'm tired and cranky. I called and made an appointment to go see the doctor today at 3:30. I tried to snag a resident before I left work so they could look at my throat and give me a prescription for some antibiotics...but all I could find were shortcoats (i.e. medical students), and they are not very helpful in matters of life and death.

Mom and the Boyfriend stopped by. I don't know why, but they took my garbage. After they left, I took a shower. While sitting in my robe, the neighbor kids came to door and rang the bell. I'm assuming they wanted me to put Sam in the back yard so they could play with him. I didn't answer the door. I'm sick and I don't have to do anything but sick here and hack up my lung. Shouldn't they be in school?? I don't ever remember getting President's Day off when I was in grade school.

I'm so tired, but I can't sleep. Why can't someone just come and take care of me?? Some homemade chicken soup would be nice, and some hot tea. A little cuddling and a back rub.

And a shit-ton of penicillin.

No comments: