Thursday, February 01, 2007

Preparing for Vacation

I was unable to go out and run any errands yesterday due to crappy streets, which forced me to engage in a sort of scramble today. I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep between now and the time my plane takes off...which will be 7:30am tomorrow.

First, I met up with Trish and we had lunch at Applebees. From there, we parted ways and I made my way over to Zona Rosa where I did some more shopping for crap I thought I would need, but in all truthfulness, probably don't. While I was perusing through the underwear, I overheard the two girls working there making calls. Earlier in the day, one of sales girls had her credit card stolen as someone snuck into the back room and helped themselves. By the time she had realized it was stolen and called the CC company, the perps (there were three) had already made stops to Dicks, Barnes and Noble, and Toys R Us. I don't know how much they had charged, but the girl was freaking out.

I got me thinking...

Doesn't anyone bother to check ID anymore?? Any plastic I have has "CHECK ID" in black marker written on the spot where I am supposed to sign my name. Do you know how many times I have used it, and no has even bothered to ask...even after seeing that on the back of the card. And when they do ask, I almost feel like I need to thank them for asking.

There should be a rule. Stores who do not ask for identification will be responsible for the charge if that card turns out to be stolen. While this wouldn't prevent all credit card fraud, it would help decrease it. The skankmuffins who stole that card today would not have been able to make any charges because they wouldn't have had enough to time to create matching identification.

I hate people who steal like that. I hate that they steal what other people work so hard for, and have no remorse for doing it. You can't argue that they steal to survive, because last I checked, Toys R Us offered nothing that would fall under the "necessities of life" category.

At any rate, I am now preparing to go out and squeeze one last tanning session in, get my nails done, and go buy another doorknob. I got all my laundry done, so all that is left to do is pack, and prepare the house for Mom's visit. Mom is looking forward to staying at my house, but I did inform her of the cardinal rule of Case de Heather.

NO SEX IN MY BED UNLESS I AM IN IT!!

"That's okay," she said. "I'll just wait until you get home."

I shall wash, but shant ever be clean.

1 comment:

Marti said...

I hope you're having a spectacular time!