Saturday, February 17, 2007

This Can't Be a Good Thing

My first night back at work, and my ass is dragging the ground. I haven't been to work since the end of last month. This isn't going well for me.

And I am in charge. And I am precepting a new nurse. God help everyone.

To top it all off, my throat has been sore, I'm slowly losing my voice, and I have red spots all over the back of my throat and tonsils. I seem to remember from my nursing school days that the red spots are indicative of something...but hell if I can remember what. I drank some hot tea earlier. I don't feel any better. We only have three nurses scheduled to work because we already have one out sick. Calling in isn't an option.

I made it to work without incident. I would have left home earlier, but I had a hard time getting Sam back into the house. He figured out that I was going to work, so he figured that as long as he stayed outside, I wouldn't leave. Bastard.

I'm slowly getting vacation photos posted to an online Flickr account. As soon as it is ready to go, I will post the link. I'm also including pics from all the crap I'm doing to the house.

I think I will go make some more tea. This is a very long night.

No comments: