Saturday, May 06, 2006

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad night.

The state of extreme relaxation lasted a good 5 minutes from the time I clocked in to work tonight. In a nutshell, it's been hell on rye bread.

We ended up working short. The Bosshole's only solution (instead of coming in to help out), was to tell me that last year we worked short most of the time, and therefore were no strangers to adversity on the floor. He wished me luck.

I immediately crossed him off my Christmas card list after I hung up the phone.

In the time I have been here, I have almost burst into tears at least 4 times out of sheer frustration. We have new cardiac alarms and whenever they sound, I feel my blood pressure go up by ten points.

The really depressing part, I still have two more shifts of this crap.

I can feel the muscles in my neck tense up. The very same muscles that were pliable and squishy just yesterday.

We are all on edge tonight. The most commonly uttered phrases:

"I need to update my resume."

"I wonder if such-and-such hospital is hiring."

"Is there a market for travel agents?"

No comments: