Thursday, May 04, 2006

Suddenly, My Life Looks Rosey!

No, I'm not referring to the shit-ton of Ambien and Darvocet my doctor gave me yesterday (but it was nice to actually sleep for more than 3 hours at one time).

I know I bitch a lot about life. Yes, I had a shitty childhood growing up, but you'll never see me out robbing banks and whatnot because I didn't get enough Barbie dolls when I was a kid. Sure, I grew up with an alcoholic father, we were welfare kids, and my mother jumped into the shallow end of insanity for a couple years after my parents split up, but overall, I can't complain. I had a roof over my head, food in my belly, clothes on my back, and a life time of experience that offers more than enough motivation to not ever be in that same situation again.

It could have been much, much worse. I could have lived with this family instead.

(Disclaimer: the above mentioned blogger grew up in an RLDS family...not to be confused with an LDS one...although I am certain there are members of my church who can be just as crazy.)

No comments: