Thursday, March 01, 2007

Don't Like the Weather? Wait 10 minutes.

What. The. Hell.

Last night, it stormed so much that I almost expected Noah's ark to come floating up the street. It rained. It hailed. The winds blew. It rained some more. My PT remained safe and sound within the dry confines of the garage. God Bless Home ownership!!

Now, it's snowing. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.

Yesterday afternoon, the weather was so nice, I went outside and raked all the leaves into one ginormous pile beside the house. My mower has mulcher capabilities, so I was going to try to fit two years of dead leaves into the allotted 20 bags for Leaf Day in April.

While raking, I met the neighbor lady across the street, who was helpful in telling me just what I have growing in my yard. Hostas, tulips, various shrubberies. The big bush beside my house...not a lilac bush, but something called Rose of Sharon. Not to be defeated, I've already selected an area to plant a lilac bush at the front of the house.

Neighbor lady also told me about the previous owners, one of which was a stay at home mom who religiously kept up her lawn. If neighbor lady was hinting that maybe she would like to see the same out of me, she's in for a sad realization. At any rate, she seemed nice. She has a hubby, kids and all the trimmings. She assumed I moved in with a husband of my very own. I didn't correct her. Married women get all weird when they find out a single female has moved into the neighborhood.

The other lady who lives next door came home and watched me rake for about 10 minutes, but didn't say two words to me. I think she was making certain I didn't rake any leaves into her yard, which is kind of funny because I'm told she doesn't do much for yard work anyway. She kind of looked like a sourpuss. Hopefully, she just had a bad day at work.

Today, I had my annual Well Woman Exam. I'm still traumatized, so I won't elaborate further on that.

Last night, I made a big pot of delicious chicken and noodles. My pot overfloweth, so I am going to have to take a bunch in to work so it doesn't go to waste. I don't think I even know how to make a small pot of chicken and noodles. The same goes for chili and vegetable soup.

Now, I am done for the day. I may go out and pay a social call to some friends later. Hopefully, I won't get blown off the highway.

On a lighter note, I'm smitten with John McCain. Somehow, his informal announcement on Letterman makes the world a better place...for now.

No comments: