Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday's Musings

I went to breakfast with a fellow coworker the other morning after we got off work. I noticed a waitress there...rather tall, teased red hair, silver eyeshadow painted on so thick, from lid to browbone, I could have easily spackled my guest bedroom. Initially, I figured it was one of those older women trying to recapture their youth, and failing miserably.

It wasn't until I overheard the waitress talking that I realized that the waitress was a he. Or more appropriately, a "queen".

Wow.

I understand that drag queens are a bit over the top, but at 8am??? I don't know of any women who go out with that kind of makeup at 8am.

I struggled to keep my expression in check, and I struggled even more against the overwhelming urge to take a picture with my camera phone. Sadly, he/she wasn't our waiter/waitress. So, I had to settle for covertly watching from afar. Drag queens are intersting to watch. If there was a trailer park full of drag queens, I'd have to quit my job because I would be there all the time. Watching.

I'm salivating just thinking about the people-watching potential.

******************

Spell check on blogger hasn't been working for me, for about a month now. It's really starting to piss me off. I love spell check. I hate having spelling errors. Has anyone else been having problems with Blogger's spellcheck??

******************

I came home this morning to a vile smell in the house. Turns out, Brother fried an onion for breakfast and tossed some eggs in. My contempt for onions is well documented. Apparently, I need to remind Brother of the no-onion policy in place in my house.

******************

Work kicked my ass this weekend. We are running a special on pulmonary patients. I've come to discover that I really, really like working with these patients. The disease processes, the treatment...all of it is interesting to me. After almost 4 years, I'm starting to get a clear picture of what I want to do with this whole nursing career long term. Yay for me.

Meanwhile, I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed. The onion smell in the house will just have to wait until I get up. Thank God for Febreeze.

12 comments:

Suzy said...

Yeah, my spell check on blogger is down too and it's working my last nerve. I know we have to go into Blogger help and report it but I've been too lazy.

Can't get on board the No Onions Train. I'm all about the onion and the garlic.

Donna. W said...

I've seen lots of complaints about the spell check. Mine isn't working, but I would never have noticed if I hadn't seen people mention it. Good ole Blogger.

You don't like the smell of onions? That's downright un-American.

The DLC said...

The first time I visited KC before moving here I ate breakfast at Nichols Lunch on a Sunday. One waitress was a transsexual and the busboy was a dwarf. I knew this was the town for me!

Spyder said...

You need smell check on your house! LOL!

t. durden said...

Hello heather, I just dropped by to say I hi. It has been awhile, but my current job keeps strange hours hence ... no to many chances to blog. And Happy New Year ... even though it's several months late.

Mark Smith said...

If you have google tool bar the spell check on it works on your blog. My blogger spellcheck doesnt work either. Unfortunatly google spellcheck doesnt work whin I leaf commints, so I appear mildly retarded and dickslexik.
If you dont have google toolbar, you should. By they way half the misspelled words in this comment are intentional, the other half are natural.

RDM said...

Yeah, I noticed the error on spell check. Sometimes it works for me, other times it doesn't. I've found that I would have to save a draft, back out and come back in to spell check. So, instead of doing that, I normally hit up dictionary.com to find out the big words (like fructose and glucose).

big russ said...

Drag Queens at 8am. I still would have taken a picture and just looked at him/her. Wait mean look at It. You never know sometimes unless you ask.

I did not know anything about spell check on blogger, but I can't find any spelng erors with my posts. =)

Onions are nasty.

Rachel said...

I'm so envious! A tranny? I SO would have taken a picture on my cell.

Eolaí gan Fhéile said...

Ah, so work kicking your ass is a good thing? I'm still learning.

6502Programmer said...

So what have you come up with regarding your long-term career path? I always like finding out what people want to be when they grow up--It makes me feel better that I still don't really know either.

On the spell check subject, I usually ignore them. Invariably, they only pick up the things that the dictionary hasn't yet encountered. It's a byproduct of my upbringing that formed me into what Michael Douglas' character was referred to in "The Game" as a "left brain word fetishist." Such is the life of the iNTJ...

GB, RN said...

Eolai: Kicking my ass...bad thing.

Career path will be somewhere in pulmonary. If our hospital were to open a pulmonary floor, I would want to be in charge of it.

Then I shall retire a nursing instructor.