Saturday, August 09, 2008

Friday Night Off and Other Blather

So, I get out of bed and do the regular crap I do before I go in to work. Stop by Starbucks for something strong because I didn't get a lot of sleep. I get to work, and the day charge nurse looks at me as though I just crawled out of her nose. I wasn't on the schedule. I guess I asked for the night off last month. Only I forgot what I needed the night off for.

I went home and went back to bed.

Now, I'm up, and it's late. I've been cleaning around the house, and tomorrow Mr. Recommendation is coming over and we will begin The Hallway Project. Hank has eaten the carpet padding from two of the stairs, so I decided to just rip up the carpet and put laminate flooring down, making it dog-proof. The bedrooms will still be carpeted, but at least I will have eliminated carpet in all the high-traffic areas. Besides, I now have a barf stain in the hallway. Someone puked at some point, and no one is owning up to it. Despite my best efforts with the carpet steamer, it won't come out. Bile is like that.

Thursday night, I had a hankering for a beverage, so I went to Starbucks for something tasty. While I was at the window, a long line of siren-equipped vehicles passed by. It wasn't until this morning I found out that they were all heading for the big shoot-out at Tool Shed. I've driven by Tool Shed, and I gather it mostly a bar for rough-type individuals. What can you expect from a bar that sits in front of a no-tell motel??

I currently have the World's Biggest Headache. I should just put my pajamas back on and retire for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow, life returns to normal.

No comments: