Wednesday, March 22, 2006

God Bless Full Coverage!

I drove all the way out to Independence to get my car looked at. I must confess, I was pretty nervous about it because I had never been through the whole process before, and Paul was constantly telling me that my car would be totaled.

He was very hopeful because he wanted me to get a Charger.

At any rate, the closet claims office was out in Independence, which is a good 40 minute drive from my house, with traffic and all.

I was directed to park my car in the little garage, and some big guy who was the claims adjustor came out. The look on his face said it all, "Holy shit."

Well, it turns out that my car wasn't totaled. The damage on my car came to just under$4300. The insurance company will pay for anything they didn't find, not to mention a rental car for me while my car is in the shop...which I am told will be about 2-3 weeks. Most everything will have to be replaced on it. So much for paintless dent removal.

I was pretty relieved when I came home, not to mention my Tim and Faith tickets came in the mail (they are now hidden in a secure location).

Overall, it's been a good day. Clean laundry, they didn't tota my car, and concert tickets.

No comments: