Monday, March 13, 2006

This Morning...

This morning, I stopped by the office of my insurance agent. At only 8am, he was already looking frazzled. He said he had close to 50 emails in his box, and the phone was ringing off the hook. He said that the insurance company called this a "catastrophic event". The possibility exists that my car could be totaled.

I called the claims number my insurance agent gave me once I got home. An automatic system announced they were experiencing a large number of calls, and I was number 180-something in line. I hung up. My dimpled car isn't going anywhere, and I can wait until tonight while the rest of the Midwest is asleep. Somewhere out there, someone is going to actually wait an hour just to speak to someone about the damage the storm did to their car/house/etc.

I also couldn't help but notice that the Whiskey Tango aide that called in to work last night was home, her car in the parking lot, nothing wrong with it save for some pings...the same pings everyone in the parking lot had. And she wonders why no one wants to work with her after she graduates nursing school! A person who will shaft her coworkers just to go get laid by her Flavor of the Month, is not someone you want working beside you in the trenches that is my profession.

Whatever. I'm exhausted and I am going to bed.

No comments: