Sunday, March 12, 2006

Holy Shit!!!

I came home from work, got into my warm pajamas (it's chilly outside), and decided to check my email before going to bed. While I was on the computer, I heard it begin to rain. Then, I heard what sounded like little pebbles hitting the window. I looked outside to see little pea-sized hail. I snorted. Big and scary pea-sized hail.

Then hail stones the size of golf balls rained from the skies. I looked out a couple other windows and there was so much of it. The streets were covered in white as if it snowed. I moved away from the sliding glass door, in the event it was take out. I don't know what made me think of it, but I grabbed my camera and darted out into the hall...flannel pj's, black boots, big denim shirt. I'm sure I looked like the Crazy Cat Lady. The storm finally subsided, and people began coming out of their homes to inspect the damage. My car was not immune the wrath of hail damage. The wind deflectors on the driver side of the car were reduced to little shreds of plastic, dents all over the car, the blue detailing chipped off in spots. My insurance adjuster is going to have a field day. I'm sure my insurance agent looked out the window this morning died a little inside. He's going to be busy for the next couple of weeks.

Paul called in a panic. Did I make it home okay? (Further proof that he is secretly in love with me!) He was driving when the storm hit, so he just made a beeline for his parents house to hide in their basement. The windshield on his car is cracked, dents, etc, etc.

I called Mom and Jerry to tell them. Mom wanted me to go collect some big hailstones and put them in the freezer so she could see them when she got home. I did. I picked out he best hailstones possible. I'm glad another storm didn't pass over, otherwise I would have been clocked in the head.

This is just too much excitement for me. I'm going to go to bed. I'm never going to make fun of pea-sized hail again.

No comments: