Monday, April 16, 2007

Queen of Procrastination and Other Blather

A long weekend at work capped off by a code blue that I somehow missed because I was in a room doing other things. I'm sort of glad I missed it...I hate codes.

Taxes due tomorrow, and I have yet to do them. I'm pretty sure I know where the paperwork is. Maybe I will just file an extension so I can procrastinate even more. My return won't be stellar, but that could change next year because of the whole house-thing.

When I went to bed this morning, the news reports from Virginia Tech's shooting said three people dead. I wake up and now it's 33. What the hell is wrong with people?!? Now that this is going to be in the news on every single station, the whole Don Imus thing is going to become pretty dead. I bet Al Sharpton is going to be pissed, unless he can put some sort of spin on the situation and make it all about race. Famewhore!!

I think I may attend the KC Blogger Meet and Greet tomorrow evening. I said I would buy The D a belated birthday drink. I don't have anything else to do tomorrow night anyway.

Today was supposed to have been Leaf Day, but I look out the window and see the bags of leaves still sitting in front of my house. I'm not alone...bundles of sticks and bags of leaves spot the entire landscape of my neighborhood. I wonder what happened. I wonder if those asshats that work for the city forgot about Leaf Day. They better come pick this crap up. I'll be damned if I am going to cart those heavy bitches back to my storage shed.

1 comment:

"The D" said...

I am still undecided if I am going or not. I won't be there until after 8 at the earliest.

School nights are pretty busy for me.

Your taxes will change ALOT next year. The interest on your house is tax deductable!