Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tax Day

As a rule, Tax Day sucks. I have friends who are getting back THOUSANDS, and I get a measly hundred. But then, they have kids, a house, and are going to school.

Today, I went to the bank to deposit a check that Paul (not dating!) gave me for stuff I paid for on the cruise, minus what I owed him for stuff he paid for on the cruise, not to mention the yellow garbage bags his nephews are selling for school fundraiser.

I'm permanently in love with the yellow garbage bags. I can't possibly envision a life without yellow garbage bags in it. That's how you know it's love, people.

Feeling rather industrious, I busted out the ol' Toro and mowed the front lawn. I mulched the big pile of leaves on the side of the house and deposited two more big bags with the other bags that the city failed to pick up on Leaf Day...which makes a total of five bags of mulched leaves, twigs and prickly balls. Just by looking at the back yard, I'd say there is probably at least five more bags of work to do back there.

So, I've decided to go to the KC Blogger Meet and Greet. The Pitch be damned. I'm looking forward to meeting some of my favorite bloggers (showcased in the right column of this blog). It should be fun.

But I am NOT eating a fried bologna sandwich!!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

*hangs head in shame for not going* I hope it was a fun time, and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Xavier Onassis said...

I'm really sorry I missed you. Sounds like I was taking off just about the time you were getting there.

I wish I had known! I would have stayed.