Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday's Musings

Ever been so tired that you can't fall asleep, but struggle to stay awake? That was me all weekend. I'd finally fall asleep, but wake up no more than two hours later.

All. Weekend. Long.

In my sleep-deprived delirium, I thought I saw a big brown spider hovering over the bed while I was laying in it. I swatted the air a couple times to catch the web, but to no avail. Thinking I saw the spider duck behind the head board, I popped up on my hands and knees and groped around the head board, hoping to...oh hell, I don't know what I was hoping to do. I fell back into bed and came to the realization that had just hallucinated a spider, and I was closer to that point where all nurses lose their marbles.

I'm glad no one was there to see my antics. Had Brother peered in my room at that given time and seen me swatting air and patting my headboard, I'm sure he would have gone straight to Mom and announced I had officially lost my shit.

Thank God I don't sleep walk anymore...

**********************

I have a ginormous bruise on my arm courtesy of Brother. He passed me going to Mom's house and gave me a little love tap on my arm. The next day, I had a hard knot on my upper arm, now I have a big, ugly purple bruise.

Everyone at work now thinks I do things during my off time that would warrant my own pay per view channel.

If Brother didn't shave his head, I'd put Nair in his shampoo. I'm going to have to think of some other way of getting even.

Suggestions welcomed.

**********************

I am so tired now. I'm going to crawl into bed and pass out. Hopefully, I will be able to sleep at least 4 hours or more until I wake up.

And hopefully the spiders will leave me alone.

6 comments:

Nightmare said...

If he uses body wash, put the nair there!

Spyder said...

I haven't been to your house lately so it wasn't me!

Donna. W said...

I always sleep like that. My first two or three hours of sleep are great; you couldn't wake me up with dynamite. From then on, I'm awake every hour or two, and I sleep lightly. I hate it, but after so long, I'm used to it.

Unknown said...

Spiders in HIS bed perhaps?

Mark Smith said...

glad wrap the toilet under the seat.
If he sits or stands doesnt matter, hillarity will ensue.

Ambitious Fledgling said...

I have that problem too.. so I bought this crap called "SleepFast".. hah.. not so much... sleeping fast.. uh ya..

As for the brother.. there's always the ex-lax in the brownies thing.. =)