Thursday, March 13, 2008

More About Toilet Lady

Boyfriend says that girlfriend walked around the house at night, that she really wasn't on the toilet for two years straight. I'm going to call bullshit on this one because it's hard to walk if you have a toilet growing out of your ass.

I'm amazed at the national coverage this story is getting. How would you like to be the girlfriend?? Hell, I'd be embarrassed to live in the same town. I can only imagine vacations being rained on because someone, in idle conversation, asked you where you were from.

Friendly Person: Is the weather bad where you are from?
Ness City Resident: Oh yes...very cold. I'm glad to be somewhere warmer.
FP: Where are you from?
NCP: Kansas
FP: Kansas! Really? What part? The same area Dorothy lived?
NCP: (chuckle)A little town called Ness City.
FP: Ness City....hmmm. Hey!! Isn't that where that lady sat on a toilet for two years??
NCP: Ummm...yeah.
FP: Wow!! Did you know her???
NCP: Uhhh (lies because everyone knows everyone else in small towns) Not really. I think I'm going to go back to my hotel room now.

The news is showing pictures of the house where said toilet lady lived. It was a trailer. Brother saw it on this evening's news and began to cheer.

"That makes the story 1000 times better!"

1 comment:

Melinda said...

This reminds me of a Nip/Tuck episode where a lady was grafted to her couch because of her sciatica.

Today, while I was getting my headlamp changed at the local Fleecemecarshop, one of the customers was talking about it, and all I could think of was your reaction: that as a nurse, nothing really shocks you anymore. It made me smile.