Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Came, I Saw, I Voted

I got up around 9am or so, dressed, drove to the local voting station and did my civic duty. The lines were long...for the A-O crowd. Lucky for me, my last name comes towards the end of the alphabet. While the lines extended all the way out the door, I bypassed all of them and went up to the table that had the later letters. Absolutely no wait.

Which leads me to think that if I marry, I'm going to have to find someone with a name that begins with the letters P-Z, or just hyphenate my name...which would cause me to spend five minutes just signing a check.

After voting, I stopped by Krispy Kreme for my civic duty donut. Civic duty is hard work, and I earned that donut. So did the thirty or so other people who were also there to collect their donut. Cars were stopped out in the street waiting to turn into the Krispy Kreme parking lot. No empty parking spaces. It was crazy.

I had lunch with my friend, Trish, and we ate at Noodles and Company at Zona Rosa. It's is for pasta what Chipotle is for burritos. Or something like that. It was tasty, and I will go back someday.

After lunch, I stopped by the store for camera batteries (as I drained mine at the Chiefs game). I came home and discovered that I made a colossal boneheaded mistake, of which I may or may not blog about later. Despite my IQ and wit, it's things like this that remind me that underneath it all, I'm still a blonde.

So, tonight I shall be out among the masses, watching the election results among friends. This is a historic time, and I want to witness as much of it as I can.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I didn't get to Krispy Kreme, but I got the free Starbucks coffee this morning. Didn't make it to Chik-Fil-A for the free sandwich, either. dang. So many freebies, so little utilization.

bobbie said...

I'm watching, too!!!

And BTW ~ Stupid IS a diagnosis, as in "TSTL"
(to stupid to live)
;-)))