Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just Listening...

Guns 'n Roses will finally release Chinese Democracy in a few days. Finally. After fifteen years of broken promises...FINALLY.

For those who may want to buy the cd, but worry about shelling out money for a steaming pile of crap (St. Anger, anyone?), the band has posted the album on their myspace page.

Another nurse, after listening, pointed out that the new album is mostly Axl Rose screaming. I countered that Axl Rose screams in all his albums, so at least he's being consistent.

In high school, our French club went to France the summer before our senior year. While at a museum, they saw Axl Rose, all short and surly, wearing a flannel shirt, and smelling like hadn't bathed in years. My best friend, who didn't even know who he was, was not impressed.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to buy the new album.

Are you?

4 comments:

Nuke said...

Nope, not gonna do it. There are albums out here I want that I haven't bought yet (saving up for X-mas). The first single sounds OK, if not like old GnR, but nothing to get excited about.

Melinda said...

Nope. The ship sailed many moons ago broken promise after broken promise. Axl can kiss my grits.

Joe said...

No, I'm not going to. I saw them live a long time ago and when they wanted to, they kicked ass. But, when they became disinterested, they sucked. GNR should have been a great, great band, not what they've turned into.

Alex G. said...

I'm buying it, I can't help myself. Axl Rose is a doo doo head though.