Saturday, June 10, 2006

Suffer the Little Ones

Normally, I don't care to offer a great deal of commentary on all things in the news unless it pisses me off, or I find great amusement in it. There are plenty of people in Blogdom who recap the news in ways that I never could (like Tony), and I am more than content to read their blogs.

However, after reading this news story...I had to say something.

Recap: A lady in St. Louis buys a puppy from a breeder. A chihuahua. She takes the puppy home, and the puppy gets sick. She takes the puppy to a veterinarian who tells her the puppy is only 4 weeks old, not mature enough to be on its own, and needs to be returned to it's mother immediately. Before this can happen, the puppy dies.

Now, this is where it gets interesting.

Owner of said dead puppy takes takes it back to the breeder's house around 6am, pushing her way into the house, demanding another dog to replace the one that died. She's pulling the hair of the breeder (whom I assume was a woman because no man would ever stand for the following bullshit), then she starts beating the breeder...WITH THE DEAD PUPPY.

A chihuahua is the world's smallest breed of dog. Fully grown, they seldom weigh more the 6lbs. I cannot even imagine that a 4 week old puppy weighed even 1lb, but still this lady (whom obviously has some sort of mental disturbance) was beating the breeder in the head with a dead chihuahua.

The beatings end, and the grief-stricken owner takes the dead puppy and retreats to her car. Before driving away, she waves the puppy out of the sunroof and makes threats to the breeder and her family.

"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dogs, too!"

Okay, so she really didn't say that, but it would have been perfect if she did.

I don't really feel overwhelming pity for the owner because she apparently needs a dosage adjustment in her meds. I don't feel bad for the breeder either. Stupid bitch deserved to get boinked in the head for selling them before they were well enough to be on their own. (I'm sure a shitstorm is going to rain down on her by reputable breeders in the coming weeks.)

I just feel bad for the puppy. I know, the puppy was dead and couldn't feel a thing, but what an undignified way to leave the world...as a tool of violence. What happened to the days when simple assault was carried out with a pipe, or baseball bat, or a Maglite? Now, people are resorting to animals.

The next thing we will hear about is George Bush being pelted with hamsters.

Yo quero hospital visit.

3 comments:

SmedRock said...

You are right, totally unbalanced. I worked for 5 years in the Georgia Department of Correction, in Special Management and Mental Health, and never once, have I ever read, hear, or imagined this method of assault. Quite honestly stunned.

Life is stranger than fiction.

Beckle the Freckle said...

I have no love for breeders when there are so many dogs in shelters that need a home. Especially STUPID ones like this woman who shouldn't have been selling a dog that wasn't ready to be weaned. I'm all for cute Heinz 57 dogs! (aka: Mutt dogs)

Plus I can't get enough of those dog food commercials with David Duchovny doing the voiceovers...hee hee...ROWR! :)

Marti said...

What a tragic story! Dementedness all around! The world is full of crazy people (like I need to tell you LOL)