Monday, July 10, 2006

Don't Piss Off the Short People

Japan is toying with a pre-emptive strike against North Korea. This is very interesting, because Japan really doesn't come off as a huge military power.

The Japanese, whose police force more notably carries around notebooks instead of guns (unless that has changed the last time I checked). The Japanese who are obsessed with Western Culture, but place a weighted importance on manners and ettiquette. A culture rich in color, customs, and sex-crazed teenagers.

I just have a hard time imagining the Japanese, after a nice little tea ceremony of sorts, politely saying their good-byes to family, donning fatigues and then going to open a can of whoopass on that Short-Bus Dictator of North Korea. I suppose when they really set their mind to it, they can do quite a bit of damage in a relatively short time, as proven by history.

Maybe they still have a lot of pent-up rage from World War 2 they need to get rid of.

North Korea is toast.

Anata no ketsu wa kusa da oyobi ore wa shibakariki da. Meaning: Your ass is grass and I am the lawnmower.

4 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

"This is very interesting, because Japan really doesn't come off as a huge military power."

Google "WWII" or "Pearl Harbor".

I know it was 60 years ago, but I'm just sayin'.

In "Bush-speak", don't "misunderestimate" Japan.

We nuked 'em twice and they're still around.

They had die-hard fuckers hiding on islands all over the Pacific who were still fighting WWII for half-a-century after it was over.

They are nothing if not tenacious.

GB, RN said...

"...they can do quite a bit of damage in a relatively short time, as proven by history."

"...Maybe they still have a lot of pent-up rage from World War 2 they need to get rid of."

No need for history brush-ups here. Studied the culture and the language for a couple years.

Japan just goes to show that you should never discredit the quiet onese because they are usually the folks who pack the biggest punch.

Xavier Onassis said...

Ain't it the truth!

Ever been pulled over by a short cop with a BIG badge and a BIG gun?

SmedRock said...

I call that "Shiny Badge Syndrome". Being former law enforcement myself, I can attest to the damage that can cause.

NK is a half step from the stone age. And that is too bad, because South Korea has some kick ass places to visit.

I tries like hell during my military days to get to Japan. One of these days, like when I hit the lottery, I will take an extended visit.

L8r!