Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wednesday the 5th

I'll readily admit that Independence Day is not a day I relish oweing to the simple fact that it's another day that people will readily exhibit how retarded they are. The day after is no exception.

I don't know what ordinances say what concerning when and where you can't light fireworks, and I thought there was a day or two after the 4th where you could attempt to blow your fingers off, free from legal persecution. That would explain why everyone is my neighborhood is still lighting fireworks this evening. I find this somewhat amusing that my apartment complex has "strict policy" prohibiting fireworks on the property.

I drove my car to the business office to drop off the rent check. On my way, a half dozen little punks were staging a Roman candle war...over passing cars. A small fireball whizzed in front of my windshield. Assholes. I cursed them with a lifetime of asking, "You want fries with that?"

Another set of morally upstanding citizens were igniting those small mortar shells that send showers of sparks cascading onto traffic, my car included.

And the big kicker of all this...one of Platte County's finest in his little parked car at the end of the street, full well in sight, just sitting there...thumbing his ass.

Maybe I am a snob. Or maybe I am just getting old. Or maybe both.

No comments: