Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Blather

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I have worked nights since I graduated high school...so it's been some time now. You'd think my family would have realized it by now...even after my repeated announcements.

I go home this morning, go to bed, fall asleep. At 11am, my mother comes over to see if there are any dresses I am willing to part with. I hide under the covers while she roots around in my closet, then snuggles the dog and gets him all excited.

I fall asleep shortly after she leaves.

At 2:30, my brother Mike comes over to use my computer. I let him in, then go back to bed. Officially, I don't have to be awake until 4pm. This is prime sleep time, people!!!

I vow to visit each of these family members at some point, during the week, at 1am. I think I will ask Mike if he will put new wipers blades on the car. For my mom, I think I am going to ask to borrow a pair of socks.

You know it's not a normal day when you see an Elvis impersonator walk into Hen House. At least, I hope he was an Elvis impersonator, and not his everyday look. Even so, I was smitten. I love Elvis!

I also discovered that I am in charge of the Pub Crawl for my cruise group for the upcoming cruise (which is four and a half months away). I can plan any party, but I don't know a great deal about pub crawls and how you plan one. Don't people just show up and drink themselves until they glow in the dark?

The cruise group theme is a murder mystery, but we are also having a deck party that will be Mardi Gras themed. So, if anyone in Blogdom have any stellar ideas, shoot them my way, because I have no clue as to what I am doing.

2 comments:

"The D" said...

Pub crawl-a bunch of bars and lost of booze. Most important 1 Sober driver.

GB, RN said...

Considering this pub crawl will be on a cruise ship, don't you mean we need a sober, uhhh, walking leader?