Thursday, May 03, 2007

On the Verge of an Insomniac Meltdown

I have never, ever had a problem falling asleep at night on my nights off. Until now.

It's just after 6am, and I haven't been to sleep since yesterday. I should be tired, but I am WIDE AWAKE!!

I watched a couple episodes of Heroes on my iPod, hoping that I would be sleepy when I was done. Nope. The battery on the iPod wore down before I did.

I think I may try some pharmaceutical intervention. I know I have some Benadryl, and I think I have some Ambien left over. I won't take them together, but it's good to know I have options.

It's been this way for the past two weeks. TWO WEEKS!! This is crap.

6 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

What you want is Melatonin.

"The D" said...

Try readiing some techinical manuals. Those knock me right out.

Spyder said...

Are you doing caffeine? I had to cut out coffee, chocolate & pop after 5pm. But I still get that Restless leg syndrome now & then. I don't know what to do about that. Maybe get a good drunk on & pass out?

FletcherDodge said...

You might try sex or masturbation before bedtime. Hey, I'm just sayin', it helps me relax.

Xavier Onassis said...

spyder - "I still get that Restless leg syndrome now & then." I used to get that too! But after I got divorced it went away. Hmmmmm.

emaw - "try sex or masturbation" ... are you saying masturbation isn't sex? Oh, fuck! I'm a virgin!!

Spyder said...

XO- Are you saying that since you got divorced, you are rubbing your legs more, and they are no longer restless?