Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Outing We Will Go

Last night, I went out on an "outing" with Paul (not dating!). I call it an outing because he's adamant it's not a date. I go between wanting to know where things stand with us, to really not giving a flying rat's ass because I'm just tired of the guessing. I asked him once if it would bother him if I started dating someone (which is a very distinct possibility). He never got back to me on that one.

Times like this, I remember the words of one guy I liked back in the day of the Singles Branch..."I thought you liked me, but then I figured you would get better." Maybe Paul's silence is just him hoping I will "get better".

Anyway, we met at the Houlihans at Town Center Plaza. I had the delicious lettuce wraps and we shared a pitcher of George Peach Iced Tea. We also had an order of french fried asparagus, which goes against my new diet restrictions of anything fried, but they are my favorite, and I've been so good lately watching what I eat. Yum!

After dinner, we walked over to the shopping part of the center and stopped by Bath and Body Works. I was perusing a section when I hear, "What do you think of this smell?" and get a spray of Midnight Pomegranate directly into my face. I don't think he intentionally meant to spray me directly into the eyes, but that's what happened. Eyes burning and watering, I don't even remember what the stuff smelled like. Paul starts laughing so hard, he farts.

Butthole.

After I regained my eyesight, we walked around, looking in a couple shops before getting some ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. We then sat outside and just people watched, before returning to our respective vehicles to go home. No kissing. Just a hug with the "I'm-not-gay" three hug pat on the back that guys do when they hug each other. That's me...just one of the guys...but with boobs and a uterus.

Sam woke me up around 5:30 this morning and I booted his ass out in the back yard. The little bastard is starting to make this early morning outing a habit and it's starting to piss me off. If he didn't have the most annoying bark on the planet, I could sleep right through it.

Butthole.

Today's plan: plant tomatoes before it rains (I have yet to do it), laundry, clean upstairs, visit Lowes, and definitely squeeze a nap in there somewhere. I'm already tired.

3 comments:

"The D" said...

Why don't you just ask him what he wants? You tell it like it is here, so do it with him. It will be better in the long run. But you have to be ready for the dreaded "just friends" answer, if that isn't what you want.

Well Hell Michelle said...

Yep, I would ask him too. It will be better for you in the long run, like The D said. Even if you don't get the response you want, you can at least go on and date someone else.

Travel Picks said...

Maybe Paul's gay... or maybe I just need to get my gaydar checked?