Thursday, May 10, 2007

Al Sharpton is an Asshole and Other Revelations

Mitt Romney is being far too nice. A lot more than I would be.

I'm not a huge fan of Romney, even though we both happen to be members of the same church. Just because we are both Mormon, doesn't mean he's going to automatically get my vote...which is one of the great things about the Church. It doesn't exercise influence in how I vote. In fact, I distinctly remember the bishop reading a statement from the church leaders before every major election that emphasized that the church was not endorsing any one candidate or another, and every member should exercise their own free agency and vote according to what they felt.

But I'm not here to discuss the Church and it's role in politics. I'm not even here to discuss Romney's candidacy.

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation," Sharpton said during a debate with Hitchens at the New York Public Library.

Then, Mitt had to go and take the high road in reply:

"I don't know Reverend Sharpton," he (Romney) said. "I doubt he is personally such a thing, but the comment was a comment which could be described as a bigoted comment."

After being called to the mat in a very passive-aggressive sort of way by Romney, Big Al is engaging in the most pathetic attempts of CYA (Cover Your Ass) that I have been witness to since John Kerry inserted foot to mouth with his Stupid Goes to Iraq comment:

"In no way did I attack Mormons or the Mormon Church when I responded that other believers, not atheists, would vote against Mr. Romney for purely political reasons," Sharpton said.

That's funny...it sure sounded like a slam to Mormons to just about anyone who heard it.

If you believe that Big Al is not a bigot, then I bet you also believe that Paris Hilton really had no clue she wasn't supposed to drive on a suspended license. However, I'm willing to give Mitt some credit. After all, you have to be living under a rock if you think that Al Sharpton isn't a racist, bigoted douchebag, right? No, I'm willing to believe that Mitt knows what Big Al truly is (a big turd aside), but is refraining from getting into the mudslinging that so many politicians have been getting into as of late.

I, however, am not above such mudslinging. The meek members turn the other cheek (as they should). Members like me, give the finger.

Al Sharpton, you are an asshole, and an ignorant one at that. You should go hang out with Ol Fred's gang. Something tells me that you guys would have lots in common, like your penchant for hate, contention, and fear mongering. Not to mention the fact that you are all famewhores.

I'm not the most devout member of the Mormon church, but I am still a Mormon and could never be anything but a Mormon. It pisses me off when I hear stuff like this. Yeah, you could send someone to talk to Big Al to explain what the church is and what it believes in, but it would fall in deaf ears. You can't educate someone with the IQ of a grapefruit.

I think Big Al may have bitten off more than he can chew this time. There's no one he can rally or get fired, and he can't tie this to race. No, he's attacked one of the very principles this country was founded on: freedom of religion without persecution.

Now, we have people from all different religions jumping to the defense of Romney and the Church. So, Big Al may have done Romney a big favor...I don't know.

Al Sharpton is still an asshole. While he might be deserving of the Ray Nagin Dumbass Award, I don't feel like giving him anything but my foot up his ass.

4 comments:

Sassywho said...

As an agnostic, I wish someone would stand up for Romney. As far as I am concerned they have as much of a right to the religious claim as anyone else.

I have no problem what so ever of people worshipping their respective religion, but surely most people have to know how the evangelicals feel about them?

I mean even the Pope is not sacred! Isn't that an enough of a huh?

"The D" said...

Sharpton is the bigest raceist of them all. As fair as FuckHead Fred goes he is the only person on this earth that I truly deserves to be shot. Or gang raped by and elephant. My blood boils just hearing his name.

SmedRock said...

Al Sharpton should have been locked up years ago, for inciting a riot that killed 5 people in a store in NYC. This was a direct result of the same smear tactics he just used against the Mormon church. That time it was against Jews.

You hit it on the head Heather, freedom from prosecution. He says things on a daily basis that, coming from someone of a different color, would be called hate crimes from that foul pit of a mouth he has. I am so tired of people, no matter the color or background, hiding behind religion to broadcast narrow minded views upon everyone else.

Good post Heather. If your boot are not big enough, then do it several times, you will feel better after that.

FletcherDodge said...

I would say that Al Sharpton should be fired from his job, but I'm not sure what his job is.