Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tuesday Bleh

Up late again. This late night crap is for the birds.

Work sucked, which is now becoming the norm. Half the night nurses have either quit or put in for transfer. The Bosshole has no idea he's the reason. He doesn't care. This job is only a stepping stone for him. I recently read a story that said crappy managers get promoted instead of punished. I can attest to this sentiment. Somewhere, there are nurses who love their jobs and look forward to going in to work. None of those nurses work on my floor. It's depressing. My doctor thinks all my problems right now are directly related to stress, a catalyst to cause one thing to cause another. I think she knows where I work.

Want to come work with me??

Monday, Paul (ND!) took me to lunch at a place called Peachtree. It's soul food, which is a fancy way of saying it's really salty. We were the only white people there. It was magical. The food was good, and they give you a free set of cardiac paddles with your meal. Generally, I don't add salt to my food. I use other seasonings (including an awesome blend I found in Tortola) to enhance my food. It was quite a shock to actually have a meal and have swollen fingers shortly after. If you go there, stay away from the mashed potatoes.

I've only eaten "soul food" once before. I had a roommate (who was black), and she took me to her grandmother's house for Sunday dinner. I was standing there, plate in hand, surveying the table laden with more food than Thanksgiving dinner. Her grandmother eyed my empty plate and thrust a second one in my hands...for the meat, she said. I've never been to a dinner that required me to two-plate it. Afterwards, I told Taja that I understood why everyone in her family was being treated for high blood pressure. She agreed with me.

Today, I went and got my haircut. It's short and has character, but not too short. I also had it highlighted because I was genetically blessed with that mousy dark blond color that makes my hair look chronically dirty. I went to the new girl again as I am not able to get a hold of Amy. Recent Amy-sightings have her wasted on illicit substances, so maybe it's better she not do my hair right now. The last time she did, she left the bleach on too long and it fell out in hunks and chunks.

That was a bad week.

Tomorrow, I get to go see the doctor. It seems since I talked to Nurse Betty, the time waiting for this appointment has slowed to a crawl. I've not been completely honest with my Mom about what is going on because I don't want her to freak out. I'll get the entire picture tomorrow then I will tell her. I'm ready for all of this to be over.

My little brother is planning on moving in on Friday, which means I need to get his room painted before then. I think I will be doing it on Thursday. I'm excited to see how it will look when I am finished. I also have to get accustomed to having a roommate again...which means no more walking around the house naked. Mom is pretty excited about him moving in with me because she will know he is okay and she can have two of her children close by.

I got nothing else. I think I will go to bed now and try to sleep.

No comments: