Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Because You Can Do Anything With Cream of Mushroom Soup

Tonight I went to a kitchen show. This was different to other parties I've been to in the fact that everyone who attended was presented with six recipes a week before. Of those six, we were to pick the four we wanted to make. We provided our own meat (whatever that recipe required), and the rest would be provided for us.

So, today I went and purchased the specific meat I would need: chicken, pork, beef, and beef. Went to Mom's work (that's where it was being held), and there were about 15 other people there for the same thing.

The first casserole was one that I wanted to make, but I needed to rinse my roast before I used it, so I went to the sink to cut it out of it's packaging and rinse it. Naturally, I sliced my finger open in the process, so Mom had to put together that particular casserole while I was in the employee break room, rummaging through the first aid kit.

The bleeding finally stopped in time for me to put together my remaining three casseroles, my middle finger bandaged heavily in waterproof bandaids to the point I looked like I was flipping everyone else off.

Don't worry, I didn't bleed in the casseroles. The only thing I had to touch were the big zip lock bags we mixed stuff in. No fuss, no muss.

At the end of the night, I had four ready-to bake casseroles. Just take them home, freeze them, and pull them out to thaw when you plan on cooking them. Ideal for people like me who only have two hours before I have to go in to work...and am tired of baked potatoes and fish sticks.

Sadly, I didn't get any pictures. Handling the baggies were awkward enough without having to try to take pics of everything.

Incidentally, I booked a party of my own (and if you are lucky, you'll land an invite). This pre-made casserole thing is kind of a handy idea.

Martha Stewart better watch her ass!

1 comment:

Spyder said...

What were the recipes? Any vegetarian ones? Was it expensive?